Products & Services Catalog
Attendees of this program will learn about the ‘system’ of early oral cancer detection including:
1. The changing target population: all about real people.
2. The basic cancer screening exam: communicate and record.
3. The new tools available to enhance detection: the how, why, and what of direct tissue fluorescence of the VELscopeVx.
4. Delivering the difficult message of a positive finding.
1. Reduce malpractice and insurance risks.
2. Create patients who value the basic cancer screening exam.
3. Feel confident when performing, communicating, and recording the basic cancer screening exam.
4. Understand and apply the enhanced detection tool of oral cancer using direct tissue fluorescence.
5. Apply the four steps to delivering the difficult message of an abnormal finding.
All dentists and hygienists interested in learning how to better detect and protect patients from oral abnormalities
Dr. Jonathan Bregman is a clinician, speaker, author and trainer who led successful dental practices for more than thirty years. While dedicated to improving the dentist, team and patient experience, he has a passion for educating dental professionals about early oral cancer detection and laser-assisted dentistry. He presents and publishes worldwide on many topics, including maximizing investments in dental technology and effective practice transitions. He is an active member of the ADA, NSA, ADMC, SCN and a Fellow in the AGD. For more than 18 years, he held an adjunctive faculty position at the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry and worked for over two years as an attendant at the dental clinic of UNC Memorial Hospital, where he worked with patients and trained residents on early oral cancer detection technologies, photo-documentation plus appropriate protocols related to oral cancer detection and diagnosis.
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit Approved does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from August 1, 2012 to July 31, 2014. Provider ID# 218048