ViziLite PRO® Oral Lesion Screening System
Dentists - help ensure the survival rate of your patients by offering a simple oral cancer screening light examination. By incorporating this screening test into your traditional head and neck oral exam, you will have the ability to visually identify oral cancer early, as well as other oral and oropharyngeal cancers. This adjunctive device is powered with blue light LEDs and visually allows for oral examinations that identify pre cancer risk factors.
ViziLite PRO Oral Cancer Detection light includes:
- (1) Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- (1) Li-Ion Battery Charger
- (1) Package of 25 Single-Use Protective Lens Covers
- (1) Patient Protective Eyewear
- (2) GLOH Online Training Coupons
- Operator’s Manual
The ViziLite PRO oral cancer detection light was engineered to visually identify abnormalities in early stages of cancer, lesions, as well as other abnormal tissue formations that may occur. This quick detection procedure provides a fast and effective approach to detecting epithelial dysplasia, even in its earliest stages.
ViziLite PRO Oral Lesion / Oral Cancer Screening System offers:
- Five powerful LEDs that emit biofluorescent light which enhances visual identification without dimming operatory lights
- Light output regulation with LEDs that maintain full power until battery is depleted
- Violet output LEDs that automatically shut off after five minutes
- Optical viewing filter that enhances visualization and improves contrast between healthy and abnormal tissues
- A cordless, ergonomic handle that's comfortable to hold and easy to use
- Quiet, operation with aluminum housing that eliminates the need for an internal fan
- Long-lasting rechargeable lithium ion battery that performs over 100 one-minute exams on a single charge
Screening for oral cancer and other lesions with ViziLite PRO is quite different from what many dental professionals see when looking at reflected light by way of a white, chemiluminescent or simple visual oral diagnosis with the naked eye. This adjunctive screening device offers a quick one-minute exam for screening for oral cancer and will hopefully aide in the identification of pre cancer and/or early cancerous situations.
The ViziLite PRO device contains five (5) shortwave violet output LEDs (A) that generate biofluorescence and enhance visualization in the oral cavity. On the patient side of the device, the LEDs emit light through a clear plastic lens (B), which is secured in place by a black retaining ring (C). Single-use protective lens covers (D) help keep the clear plastic lens clean and prevent cross contamination. The lens covers are installed by inserting the three small tabs into the three openings on the retaining ring. One lens cover should be installed prior to the examination and discarded after use. The ViziLite PRO device is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery is located inside the handle (E) and is secured by an end cap (F) which is not to be removed. The end cap is laser-etched with a six-digit serial number that is unique to the device. A lithium-ion battery charger (G) is provided with the device. To initiate charging, insert the wall plug (H) into the wall outlet and insert the charger plug (I) into the charging jack (J) on the handle of the device. An LED battery charge indicator (K) is located on the charger. An on/off button (L) is located on the viewing side of the handle. An LED battery level indicator (M) is located just above the on/off button on the viewing side of the handle. An eyepiece (N) and optical viewing filter (O) increase contrast between healthy and abnormal tissue and improve visualization
ViziLite PRO Features
- Optical Viewing Filter – The ViziLite PRO device includes a special optical filter to improve contrast between healthy and abnormal tissue and to improve visualization
- Rechargeable Battery – The custom lithium-ion battery pack is rated for 500 full recharge cycles. The battery pack is protected from overcharging, over discharging and short circuiting by means of a built-in safety circuit. When the battery is fully charged, the ViziLite PRO device will operate for over 100 one-minute examinations.
- Light Output Regulation – The ViziLite PRO output LEDs maintain full power until the battery is depleted. Auto Shutoff – Once activated and after five minutes of continuous operation, the violet output LEDs will automatically turn off and the unit will return to standby mode to conserve battery power.